Class Resources and Websites
Free Rice -- freerice.com -- free website where you can practice vocabulary and other subjects while donating rice for getting questions correct!
Discovery Education -- www.discoveryeducation.com -- Username: wcp+student ID # Password: student ID #
BrainPOP -- http://www.brainpop.com -- Username: wcdanielsms Password: brainpop
Tween Tribune -- www.tweentribune.com -- free
Flocabulary -- www.flocabulary.com -- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org Password: denali01
Thesis Builder -- http://www.tommarch.com/electraguide/ -- No Login
Vocabulary -- Vocabulary.com
Join 1st Period's Class: http://vocab.com/join/28E50AZ
Join 2nd Period's Class: http://vocab.com/join/29XYJFE
Join 6th Period's Class: http://vocab.com/join/1H33S3H
Join 7th Period's Class: http://vocab.com/join/3Q8GRYY
NewsELA -- https://newsela.com/ --
-->A great news resource for kids and schools; we use it in my class. The files on the right show how each period should sign up for my class.
- Scholastic Book Wizard – Use this site to find books that are at just the right reading level or to find books that are similar to the ones you love.
- Reading Rockets – Explore this site dedicated to teaching kids to read and helping those who struggle, with sections for parents, teachers, librarians, and more.
- Sixth Grade Literature Standards – Click on a standard to visit pages of internet resources for that learning standard.
- Sixth Grade Language Arts Resources – Explore all sorts of fantastic links to language arts activities and information.
- Toon University Words in Context – Play a video to identify words correctly in context.
- Skillswise Reading – Improve your reading by learning about fact and opinion, different types of text, summarizing, scanning, and more!
- Reading A-Z – Investigate what is available at this reading resource center that includes reading comprehension and word-attack strategies.
- Sixth Grade Language Arts Standards – Explore links to activities based on a variety of language arts standards.
- The Stacks for Kids – Check out this new destination about books, reading, authors, games where students connect to books with online friends.
- ZuZu – Discover ZuZu, formerly a print publication dedicated to publishing children’s pieces, which features student writing and a few opportunities for children to publish work online.
- MysteryNet’s Kids Mysteries – Solve mysteries, participate in contests, read scary stories, and learn magic tricks.
- The On-Line Books Page – Read one of over 9,000 books available online.
- The Pop-Up Lady – Learn how to make pop-up books.
- Weekly Reader – Discover fun reading activities and games.
- Stone Soup – Read featured stories from the Stone Soup, the magazine by young authors and artists, and check out the archives for mores tories, poems, book reviews, and author readings.
- Book-a-Minute – Explore the humorous lampooning of popular books via ultra-condensation.
- ToonBooks: The Elvis That Cried “Wolf!” – Read this interactive book, where the reader may control the illustrations in the story window.